Well, Today in this Article We are gonna learn about One of the Basic and Easiest Poses & Asanas of Yoga which is Mountain Pose (Tadasana). We'll understand How to do Mountain Pose with Step-by-Step Guide and even we'll know the amazing Benefits of Mountain Pose (Tadasana) which can help you a lot. You'll able to do this Mountain Yoga Pose Easily by reading this Full Article and watching the Complete Guide Video given below the Article.
What is Mountain Pose in Yoga?
The Mountain Pose or Tadasana is a perfect asana to start your yoga journey. It is a standing asana helping us to stretch and unlock all the joints of our body. Tadasana is a Sanskrit word, composed of two words, “tada” and “asana. Here “tada” means mountain, and to remain unmoved while stretching every muscle of the body is the basic method of this asana. This asana prepares our body to perform various other complex standing postures like Vrksasana, Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana, Natarajasana, Ardha Chandrasana, and more.
In this fast-paced world, working-class people often face chronic back pain and various muscle disorders. These malfunctions are because of their sedentary lifestyle. They spend a considerable time sitting at one position on a chair. This sitting job leads to a non-alignment among the muscles and skeleton in a body and results in various lifestyle diseases, like sciatica pain.
How does it work?
Tadasana is one of the asanas which engages every muscle of our body and brings proper alignment among the muscles and skeleton. When we stretch our body while performing this asana, it gives a gentle jerk to each internal body organ. And this gentle push makes all the organs to work correctly. It improves the respiratory system, blood circulation, digestive system, to name some.
How to Do Mountain Pose?
Universal rules to practice any asanas
- Rule 1: Best time to practice any yoga and pranayama is in the early morning. Although you can perform in the evening also but make sure you have not eaten five hours before practicing.
- Rule 2: Clean your body internally before start. After getting up early in the morning, you must freshen up with colon cleaning (pooping), brushing your teeth, bathing. You can do yoga just after a bath, but must not bath immediately after yoga. Keep a gap of half an hour.
- Rule 3: Find one stable and equally grounded platform to perform the asana.
- Rule 4: Always carry one yoga mattress to practice.
- Rule 5: Wear comfortable clothes
- Rule 6: Chose any open area like playground, park, or even your terrace, where you can get fresh air to breathe. If you do not find any open place, then open all doors and windows of the house.
Follow all the Steps given below to do Mountain Pose (Tadasana):
- Stand on a firm ground with feet together and both the hands by your side.
- Try balancing yourself on heels, raise your toes, and hold it for 10 sec.
- Now bring toes back to the ground firmly without losing balance.
- Then just lift your chest in moderation, up and out.
- Now lift the base of your head towards the ceiling, lengthening the neck in the process.
- Then putting all the pressure on your toes lift yourself up, lift up calves a thighs along.
- Now remain in this position for about 2 minutes while breathing steadily.
- Focus on your breath and calm your mind while in the position. This pose gives the benefit of meditation while working on your body.
- Touch back your heels to the ground slowly and steadily bring back your body to the normal position. Repeat 10 times daily for best results.
Steps in Video
Get to know How to Do Mountain Yoga Pose (Tadasana) in Detail with the given below Video. The Respected Creator of the Video Deserves appreciation as all the Steps have been shown in detail which can help you a lot to know about How to do Mountain Pose?
Benefits of Mountain Pose in Yoga
- Improves Body Posture & Height: Tadasana helps in improving the body postures, and helpful in increasing the height of children.
- Strengthens the Body: Mountain Pose strengthens the leg muscles of the calf area.
- Beneficial for Respiratory & Digestive System: It improves the respiration system and digestive system.
- Helpful in Back Pain: It helps in curing back pain.
- Makes You Active & Fresh: It improves the concentration and activeness in the body.
- Gives Mental Strength: It helps in making us optimistic and happier and Decreases Mental Stress.
- Makes Your Body Flexible: It increases flexibility and makes the body more agile and more alert.
- Shapes Your Body: It gives proper shape to a body.
- Helpful in Belly Fat: It burns side belly fat and gives a perfect slim waist.
- Do not practice if your heels are acing.
- Feeling dizziness or numbness while practicing this asana, then stop practicing it.
- Pregnant women can practice, but they must keep a wider distance among their feet to balance their bodies.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- What is Mountain Pose (Tadasana)?
Tadasana is derived from Sanskrit word ‘Tada’ which means mountain, is the ancient form of yoga pose which is primarily used for height increase. Also known as mountain pose in English is the most easy and handy yogic exercise which works on improving the body posture and balance. It is the base of all other yoga poses, therefore it is also known as the Basic Yoga Pose.
- How to do Mountain Pose (Tadasana)?
Follow These Steps to Learn How to do Mountain Pose (Tadasana):
1) Stand on a firm ground with feet together and both the hands by your side.
2) Try balancing yourself on heels, raise your toes, and hold it for 10 sec.
3) Now bring toes back to the ground firmly without losing balance.
4) Then just lift your chest in moderation, up and out.
5) Now lift the base of your head towards the ceiling, lengthening the neck in the process.
6) Then putting all the pressure on your toes lift yourself up, lift up calves and thighs along.
7) Now remain in this position for about 2 minutes while breathing steadily.
8) Focus on your breath and calm your mind while in the position. This pose gives the benefit of meditation while working on your body.
9) Touch back your heels to the ground slowly and steadily bring back your body to the normal position. Repeat 10 times daily for best results.
- What are the Benefits of Mountain Pose (Tadasana)?
The Main Benefits of Mountain Pose (Tadasana) are:
1) The best exercise to increase height.
2) It helps to improve body posture.
3) With regular practice of this asana thighs, knees and ankles become stronger.
4) It helps improve balance.
5) This Mountain Yoga posture provides stretch to the lungs as a result lungs become stronger.
6) Activates the nerve of the entire body.
7) It provides strength to the vertebrate column and heart and helps remove lethargy from the body.