Today's lifestyle is full of stress. We are all aware of this. A person is not able to experience spiritual happiness due to stress. Even stress is the cause of many physical and mental diseases. To experience peace and happiness in today's time is like impossible. This can only happen if you are completely healthy. Many things are necessary to get good health. We can get good health by following things like regular exercise, balanced eating, staying away from fried things, waking up early in the morning, sleeping early at night, etc. But due to busy lifestyle, it is not a matter of everyone to follow all these things.
So if there is an easy way to stay healthy, then that is to practice Yoga. Through yoga, we remain Healthy and Fit. Every activity under Yoga has its own Benefits. Well, Today in this Article We are gonna know about One of the Effective and Easiest Poses & Asanas of Yoga that is Lotus Pose (Padmasana). By doing this Lotus Yoga Pose, you also get the same benefits as meditating. This is a great way to meditate. This asana calms your mind and prevents the mind from wandering. People who have to work hard mentally or whose office environment is full of tension. They must adopt this Padmasana (Lotus Pose).
We will understand each and every How to do Lotus Pose Steps and even we'll know the amazing Lotus Pose Benefits which can help you a lot. You'll able to do this Lotus Pose in Yoga or Padmasana Yoga Easily by reading this Full Article and even by watching the Complete Video Guide given below the Article.
What is Lotus Pose in Yoga?
Padmasana is a Sanskrit word of Lotus Pose or we can say that Lotus Pose is also known as Padmasana in the Sanskrit Language. The meaning of Padmasana is Padma- Lotus; Asana- Pose. Padmasana is also known as Kamalasana as Kamal also means Lotus in Sanskrit. It is one of the most easiest Yoga Pose for Beginners. Padmasana (Lotus Pose) is considered Beneficial for improving the health of the Stomach and concentration of the Mind. This Yoga Posture is called Lotus Pose because after sitting in this posture, our body becomes exactly like a Lotus. Hence it is also called Kamalasana. It is very easy to do this Lotus Yoga Pose, so you can do it sitting on the bed. This asana pleases the mind and removes anxiety and is beneficial in achieving concentration. If there is a pain in the neck, then try Lotus Pose. In the Olden Times, Yogis and Sages like Rishimuni used to Sit in Meditation with Lotus Pose (Padmasana).
Performing Padmasana (Lotus Pose) gives Tremendous Benefits to Our body. If you are ever feeling depressed and restless then practice Padmasana Yoga Pose. This will help calm your mind. Yogis do this Padmasana to obtain Supernatural Energy, Meditate and awake the Chakras or Kundalini. Lotus Pose (Padmasana) is a very powerful Yoga Posture, Lord Shiva is also shown practicing this Yoga Asana. It is an excellent Yoga Asana or Yoga Pose for Back and Heart diseases. All the Physical and Spiritual Benefits of Lotus Pose are stated in Yogasastra. It is one of the best rugs prescribed for meditation.
Yoga Tips for Lotus Pose (Padmasana)
- Lotus Pose Yoga should be practiced in the morning. But if you are doing this asana in the evening, then it is important that you have eaten food at least 4 to 6 hours before.
- It is also important to make sure that you have defecated before doing the Lotus Yoga Posture and the stomach is completely empty.
- Remember that in the Postures sitting in Meditation, Samadhi, etc., the Spinal Cord, Lumbar, and Head are kept upright and have to Sit steadily.
- The eye should be closed during the Lotus Pose (Padmasana) Meditation time. Due to the eyes being open for a long time, there is a possibility of causing disorder in them by destroying the fluidity of the eyes.
- It is necessary to sit motionless for one hour to meditate. It is estimated that a watch is of 75 minutes. Sitting motionless for 45 minutes is possible only when there is no obstruction of blood flow from the legs to the Buttock. Padmasana or Lotus Pose is the appropriate posture for this.
- Initially, Lotus Yoga Pose should be done for 30 seconds, then the time can be increased for convenience. To master this posture, one should do two to three times.
- Do not force the Body unnecessarily. Do as much as possible.
- Preparatory Yoga Poses before Lotus Pose (Padmasana): Half Lord of the Fishes Pose (Ardha Matsyendrasana), Bound Angle Pose (Baddha Konasana), Head to Knee Pose (Janu Sirsasana), and Hero Pose (Virasana).
- Follow-Up Yoga Poses before Lotus Pose (Padmasana): Downward-Facing Dog Pose (Adho Mukha Svanasana), and Reclined Big Toe Pose (Supta Padangusthasana)
How to Do Lotus Pose?
Here is Lotus Pose Yoga Step by Step Guide. Follow all the Steps given below to learn How to do Lotus Pose (Padmasana) :
- To do Lotus Pose Yoga, first of all, place a Carriage or a Pedestal on a Flat surface or on a Yoga Mat.
- Now, Slowly lower your legs and keep the toes on the thigh of the other leg.
- After this, bend the paws of the second leg and place it on the thigh of the first leg.
- At this time, the soles of your feet should be towards the Stomach.
- Keep in mind that the Waist and Neck are both straight.
- Then, keep the keys of both Hands on your knees.
- Both of your combs should be equal and straight.
- Now close your eyes and inhale slowly.
- This Lotus Yoga Posture should also be done by changing the feet again.
- People who have trouble keeping both the Claws on each other thigh can only put one claw on the thigh.
Steps in Video
Get to know How to Do Lotus Yoga Pose (Padmasana) in Detail with the given below Video. The Respected Creator of the Video Deserves appreciation as all the Steps have been shown in detail which can help you a lot to know about How to do Lotus Pose (Padmasana)?
Benefits of Lotus Pose in Yoga
- Strengthens Backbone: By doing Padmasana (Lotus Pose), our Spine remains absolutely straight and also improves Posture.
- Improves Blood Circulation: Lotus Pose Yoga reduces Blood Circulation and extra blood is transmitted to other Organs, which increases their activity. After sitting in Padmasana for some time, the flow of blood in the joints increases when the posture is opened.
- Provides Flexibility: By doing this Lotus Yoga Pose, the spine becomes straight, flexible, and strong.
- Provides peace of Mind: It removes Tension and Concentrates the mind and increases Positive energy.
- Stretches Joints: With this Lotus Pose Yoga, stretches are made in the joints of the hips, muscles, stomach, bladder, and knees, due to which they strengthen and remain healthy. This reinforcement causes stimulation to be transmitted.
- Beneficial for Pregnant Women: Continuous practice of this Lotus Pose till late in pregnancy makes delivery easier.
- Beneficial in Semen Production: Its practice leads to Semen Enlargement.
- Very Effective for Back & Heart Patients: It is an Excellent Yoga Posture for Back and Heart Patients. All its physical and spiritual benefits are stated in Yogasastra.
- Improves Mental Ability: Lotus Pose Yoga practice increases memory and thinking power. That's why students should do these rugs.
- Helps in Losing Your Belly Fat: Those who want to reduce their Belly and Waist fat, they should practice it regularly.
- Removes Toxic Substances in Body: The accumulation of Toxic Substances in the body causes many diseases. After sitting in Padmasana (Lotus Pose) for some time, the Blood Flow in the joints is accelerated by opening the Posture. The toxins and infections flow with the rapid flow of blood, which reduces the risk of diseases.
- People who are troubled by Knee pain and or any Swelling in the body should not do Lotus Pose Yogasana.
- In addition, people who have problems with Overweight, Osteoarthritis, and Sciatica should not do this Yoga Pose.
- If there is any kind of a pain in the Feet, do not do this Yoga Posture.
- Do not push beyond your physical capacity.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- What is Lotus Pose (Padmasana)?
Padmasana is a Sanskrit word of Lotus Pose or we can say that Lotus Pose is also known as Padmasana in the Sanskrit Language. The meaning of Padmasana is Padma- Lotus; Asana- Pose. Padmasana is also known as Kamalasana as Kamal also means Lotus in Sanskrit. Padmasana (Lotus Pose) is considered Beneficial for improving the health of the Stomach and concentration of the Mind. This Yoga Posture is called Lotus Pose because after sitting in this posture, our body becomes exactly like a Lotus.
- How to do Lotus Pose (Padmasana)?
Follow These Steps to Learn How to Do Lotus Pose (Padmasana):
1) To do Lotus Pose Yoga, first of all, place a Carriage or a Pedestal on a Flat surface or on a Yoga Mat.
2) Now, Slowly lower your legs and keep the toes on the thigh of the other leg.
3) After this, bend the paws of the second leg and place it on the thigh of the first leg.
4) At this time, the soles of your feet should be towards the Stomach.
5) Keep in mind that the Waist and Neck are both straight.
6) Then, keep the keys of both Hands on your knees.
7) Both of your combs should be equal and straight.
8) Now close your eyes and inhale slowly.
9) This Lotus Yoga Posture should also be done by changing the feet again.
10) People who have trouble keeping both the Claws on each other thigh can only put one claw on the thigh.
- What are the Benefits of Lotus Pose (Padmasana)?
The Main Lotus Pose (Padmasana) Yoga Benefits are:
1) It Strengthens Backbone.
2) Improves Blood Circulation in whole Body.
3) Provides Flexibility in Legs and Backbone.
4) Provides Peace of Mind and Improves Mental Ability.
5) Stretches and Strengthens Joints in the Body.
6) It helps to make Delivery easier in Pregnant Women.
7) Beneficial for Semen Production.
8) It gives Relief to Backbone and Heart Patients.
9) Helps in Losing Your Belly Fat
- Is Lotus Pose Good for You?
Yes, Obviously if you will Practice Lotus Pose in Yoga, it will give you Mental and Physical Strength Both. Lotus Pose Beginners will feel Mentally Calm and Stress Free. Hence, it is more recommended for Students to Practice Lotus Yoga Pose. There are so many Physical and Mental Benefits of Lotus Pose mentioned in Yogasastra.
- Can Everyone Do the Lotus Pose?
Yes, Anyone can do the Lotus Pose (Padmasana) Yoga. First read about all its Precaution and if you don't have any problems mentioned in the Precaution, then Obviously You can Practice Lotus Pose in Yoga and experience its amazing Mental and Physical Health Benefits.
- Is Lotus Pose Difficult?
Lotus Yoga Pose is a very Simple Seated Position Meditation Yoga Pose. You can say that it will be some Difficult to do Lotus Pose for Beginners as they don't have knowledge of Meditation and Lotus Pose Beginners may also face problem in folding legs as shown in Lotus Pose Steps. But it is for only two to three times. When You will start Practicing Lotus Pose (Padmasana), you will learn everything slowly and after some experience of Lotus Pose your Meditation Power will become Strong.