Well, there are so many Poses in Yoga and their so many Benefits. But in this article, we'll discuss about the Downward-Facing Dog Position with Step-by-Step instruction and then we'll know about the amazing Benefits of the Downward-facing Dog Yoga Pose that will help you a lot. You can easily do this Yoga Pose by watching the Video given below the Article.
What is the Downward-facing Dog Pose?
Downward-facing Dog Yoga Position is known as Adho Mukha Svanasana in the Sanskrit Language. The meaning of Adho Mukha Svanasana is Adho- Forward; Mukha- Face; Svan- Dog; Asana- Pose. It is one of the most common and easy Yoga Pose for Beginners.
How to do Downward-facing Dog Pose?
- First, lay down on the floor in a straight manner.
- Now, slowly move your hands upside and keep your palm fully touched down to the floor and Balance.
- Then, bring your legs forward and gradually stand on your knees.
- Now, slowly and gradually move your hips upward and form a shape of "Triangle" as shown in the Picture.
- Then, spread your fingers and stretch your back thigh as much as you can.
- Now, with the Inhalation and Exhalation process, do this Yoga Pose for at least 4-5 minutes.
Steps in Video
Downward-facing Dog Yoga Pose is one of the important Yoga Poses and Good for beginners. You can try and do Downward-facing Dog Pose by following all the Steps of the Video given below.
Benefits of Downward-facing Dog Pose
Well, Downward-facing Dog is one of the important Yoga Poses and hence, it has so many benefits. So, the Benefits of Downward-facing Dog Yoga Pose listed below :
- Relaxation: After doing Downward Dog Pose, you will feel your mind calm and relaxed or say free from stress.
- Strengthens the Body: This Yoga Pose can strengthen your legs, hands, palms, and back.
- Stretches the Body: Downward Dog Yoga Pose stretches your legs, hands, and hips which helps to make your muscles stronger and increase height.
- Relief from Back Pain: This Yoga Pose stretches and strengthens your back thigh and thus, gives relief you from your Back Pain
- Relief from Gastric Problems: This Yoga Pose is very useful for you if you are suffering from Gastric problems or any Gastric disease.
- Don't try these Pose in the state of Pregnancy as it can be dangerous.
- If you have a fracture or any bone-related problem in hands, legs, back, etc. it would be better for you to not do this Yoga Pose until you don't get relief from the problem.
- In any other physical disease, please first contact your Doctor for asking about to do Downward-facing Dog Yoga Pose before doing it.