Well, Today in this Article We are gonna learn about One of the Basic and Easiest Poses & Asanas of Yoga which is Boat Pose (Paripurna Navasana). We'll Know How to do Boat Pose with Step-by-Step Guide and even we'll know the amazing Benefits of Boat Pose (Naukasana) which can help you a lot. You can do this Boat Yoga Pose Easily by reading this Full Article and watching the Full Guide Video given below the Article.
What is Boat Pose in Yoga?
Boat Pose in Yoga is a very Basic Yoga Pose which can be easily done by a Child. Boat Pose is known as Navasana or Naukasana in Sanskrit. The Meaning of Naukasana is Nauka- Boat; Asana- Pose in the Sanskrit Language. This is the Highly recommended Yoga Pose for Beginners. In this Yoga Pose Our Body's Shape becomes like Boat and therefore this Yoga Pose is known as Boat Pose.
How to Do Boat Pose?
Follow all the Steps given below to do Boat Pose (Naukasana):
- At First, Lay Down straightly Flat on the Surface or on Your Yoga Mat with Both of Your Arms aside and Straight.
- Slowly, with Inhalation Process Lift Your Arms and Legs in Upward Direction.
- Slowly and Gradually with Holding your Breathe make a shape like V as shown in the Picture so that Your Arms and Legs seen as crossing each other.
- Now feel the Tension in Your Stomach and hold it for 6-7 seconds and leave all your Body Weight on Your Hip.
- Then Slowly come to rest position with Exhalation Process and then again Inhale Breathe into Your Body and Follow from Step 2.
- Do it for like 4-5 times in Starting and Don't Overdo it. When You feel comfortable in doing this Yoga Pose you can Increase as per your Comfort.
Steps in Video
Get to know How to Do Boat Yoga Pose (Naukasana) in Detail with the given below Video. The Respected Creator of the Video Deserves appreciation as all the Steps have been shown in detail which can help you a lot to know about How to do Boat Pose?
Benefits of Boat Pose in Yoga
- Good for Diabetes: If you are Suffering from Diabetes or Sugar Disease then this Boat Yoga Pose will be one of the Best Yoga Pose for you or if anyone is suffering from such disease in your circle, You can recommend them Boat Pose.
- Increases Blood Circulation: Boat Yoga Pose or Naukasana also helps in Increasing Blood Circulation in one's Body. So, if you have such Problems in Blood Circulation, You can try this Boat Yoga Pose.
- Good for Digestion: Digestion is one of the Common Problems that is seen at least one member in a family and if you have Digestive Diseases like Gastrointestinal then we'll prefer you this Boat Yoga Pose.
- Can Cure Lungs & Breathing Disease: Even Boat Pose helps you to cure Breathing Problems and Lung Disease.
- Helps to Lose Your Belly Fat: Well if you are looking for Best Yoga Pose to Lose the Belly Fat of Your's or someone Other's then Boat Pose will give you the result and Boat Yoga Pose is one of the Best Yoga Pose which will help you to Lose your Belly Fat.
- Can Make 6 Pack Abs: If You are doing Workouts Daily for Good Looking 6 Abs then add this Boat Yoga Pose in Your Workouts and you'll see 90% additional Result in your Workouts.
- At Starting, do this Yoga Pose for about 10 to 15 seconds and slowly when you become able to do this Yoga Pose for a long time you can do as you are capable.
- If you have any Bone-related problems or Fracture in hands, legs, back, etc. it would be better for you to not do this Yoga Pose until you don't get relief from the problem.
- If You are Suffering from High Blood Pressure then skip this Yoga Pose.
- Even Though We said that it is good for Breathing Problems but if the Yogi has Asthama then Strictly Avoid this Yoga Pose in Asthama.
- Even Boat Yoga Pose is highly not recommended to Heart Patients.
- Last but not least this Yoga Pose is also not advised in the state of Pregnancy.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- What is Boat Pose (Navasana)?
Navasana & Naukasana are derived from Sanskrit words ‘Nava’ and 'Nauka' which means Boat, is the ancient form of yoga pose which can be easily done by a Kid and is also known as Boat Pose in English is the most easiest Yoga Pose those who want to build 6 pack Abs. In this Yoga Pose, Our Body's Shape becomes like Boat (Nava) and hence this Yoga Pose is named Boat Pose.
- How to Do Boat Pose (Navasana)?
Follow These Steps to Learn How to Do Boat Pose (Navasana):
1) At First, Lay Down straightly Flat on the Surface or on Your Yoga Mat with Both of Your Arms aside and Straight.
2) Slowly, with Inhalation Process Lift Your Arms and Legs in Upward Direction.
3) Slowly and Gradually with Holding your Breathe make a shape like V as shown in the Picture so that Your Arms and Legs seen as crossing each other.
4) Now feel the Tension in Your Stomach and hold it for 6-7 seconds and leave all your Body Weight on Your Hip.
5) Then Slowly come to rest position with Exhalation Process and then again Inhale Breathe into Your Body and Follow from Step 2.
6) Do it for like 4-5 times in Starting and Don't Overdo it. When You feel comfortable in doing this Yoga Pose you can Increase as per your Comfort.
- What are the Benefits of Boat Pose (Navasana)?
The Main Boat Pose (Navasana) Yoga Benefits are:
1) This Yoga Posture is very Effective for Peoples having Diabetes.
2) The Regular Practice of Navasana increases the Yogi's Blood Circulation
3) Boat Pose is one of the Best Exercise for building 6 Pack Abs.
4) It can Lose Your Belly Fat Easily.
5) Very Effective for Lungs and it's regular Exercise can Cure many of the Breathing Diseases.